To increase your immune system this really needs to be homemade, pre-made from a store will not work as well. The reason is the spices added to the broth will help pull minerals like calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium out of the bone that are in the simplest form for your body to absorb and amino acids like glycine and proline from the meat.
These amino acids are important for muscle repair and growth, balanced nervous system. The last thing I want to mention is the gelatin, otherwise known as “Liquid Gold” This is the break down of collagen from the bones. This will help seal the tight junctions of the intestinal wall, reduce inflammation, ease joint and arthritic pain just to name a few.
We hope you enjoy this just as much as we do!
Click here to learn what Leaky Gut is and how to know if you have it!
Laura & Shannon
Slow-Cooked Bone Broth
- 10 chicken feet
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery (chopped)
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and spices as desired (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 – Place chicken bones, and meat if using, into a slow cooker.
- 2 – Add chopped vegetables, vinegar, and herbs/spices.
- 3 – Cover with hot water (about 2 litres/8 cups).
- 4 – Cook 8 h on medium or overnight on low.
- 5 – Add spinach 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: You can strain it before serving, or serve it with the cooked vegetables as soup.
Serve & Enjoy!